Wappingers Falls, NY

This site has provided electric power for the surrounding area since 1909 when the water rights for the creek were consolidated from several small mills along the gorge. At that time the dam was improved and the highly impressive nine foot diameter pipe was installed with a steel bridge that crosses the gorge. After down time the site went back into operation in 1988 operated by Harry and Sarah Terbush since then.

Go to link